Sunday, January 28, 2007

Fighting for Joe

Our good friend Matt Shafer was over tonight taking pictures of a website they are creating in honor of his father Steve Shafer who is currently fighting Lung Cancer. I took a few shots too - so here's our tribute to "Fighting for Joe". Noah and I were out at Jordan Creek Mall this afternoon shopping at The Sharper Image. The salesman was a nice older man. As we were checking out Noah noticed he had on a Livestrong bracelet like all of us are wearing for Joe. Noah said "Hey, you have a bracelet like me". The man said "Yes, I have beat cancer 4 times. I found out I had Hodgkins Lymphoma 18 years ago when my son was in Kindergarten." Since then he's beaten it four times. He wished us well in Joe's fight against Cancer. It's funny how one day you can seem unaffected by Cancer and in a few months it seems to affect everyone around you.

Joe was feeling better today. He went to Church and the pasta dinner at St Anthony's. His brother Frank flew back to San Diego today as well. He was in very good spirits today, not as weak, but still pretty tired. He is determined to fight this cancer and we are all fighting with him :-)

No comments: